Long Range Plans & Vision 2050
Shifting COTA Into the Future
Moving Our Neighborhoods Toward 2050
Moving every life forward is COTA’s vision for developing and growing to best serve Central Ohio. With technological advancements and trends in transportation constantly developing, COTA is committed to evolving. We strive to do this by focusing on customer values and providing a service for Central Ohio residents from all walks of life.
We are committed to being more than a transit agency. Our strategic plan is a five-year blueprint and constant reminder of this commitment, and our goals and values. To ensure success and keep our overall mission at the forefront of our decisions, we have developed four guiding principles:
- Improve the customer experience
- Achieve organizational excellence
- Provide access to mobility options
- Prioritize the use of data and analytics
Moving Life Forward by 2024
COTA is in the process of updating our Short (5-year) and Long-Range (30-year) transit plans as part of a united strategy for the future of Central Ohio mobility. Our plans will guide local, state and federal funding decisions over the coming years and decades.
As Central Ohio continues to experience rapid population and job growth, COTA is transforming itself to meet the area’s growing mobility demands. Our Short- and Long-Range plans include rethinking the status quo, making the most of technology and expanding mobility opportunities. You can read our Executive Summary to learn more.
Discover Our Plans
Our Short- and Long-Range transit plans lay a foundation for federal and state investment in projects that will transform Central Ohio Transportation. These plans are the guiding principles of our Long Range 2050 Strategic Plans, which is centered on “Moving Every Life Forward.”
- Our Short-Range Transit Plan (SRTP) outlines plans for improvements to bus service and investments in buses, stops and facilities through 2024.
- Our Long-Range Transit Plan (LRTP) prepares COTA to meet transit demand as our region grows through 2050.
- COTA 2050 Strategic Plan
- LinkUS Mobility Initiative
- insight2050 Corridor Concepts (2019)
- COTA NextGen (2017)
- 2017-2021 Short-Range Transit Plan (2017)
Do You Want to Be Involved in Our Future?
COTA’s strategic plan includes customer input and need as a driver of our future developments. Your opinions can help us do everything we can to serve Central Ohio residents. To get involved, you can start by taking the following small steps: